Got an e-mail that tickets are now on sale for the 2009-2010 season at the Sacramento Ballet, which was a huge part of my life in Davis. I will really miss the artistic directors and the dancers I got to know. Luckily I can continue using the ballet's performance of A Streetcar Named Desire in the courses I teach. I'm looking forward to checking out the Tulsa Ballet, which is a much bigger company, but it's a much farther drive than Sac was from Davis.
In other news, I have resumed studying ballet at a local studio. We meet twice a week, and I'm often the only student over 16. Dressing-room conversation consists of discussions about homecoming and questions like "What grade are you in?" Many of the girls are on pointe, and some of them are quite good. I have good classes and bad classes, when I'm leaping around like a frog on acid (as Stella put it), but I always get an A for effort. I miss my old teacher, Miss Cara.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment