Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random food photos

Here is a pot of Brunswick stew from a few weeks ago and the apple pie I made yesterday for Eric's birthday. We couldn't get local apples for the pie, but I hope it is tasty anyway. Apparently there aren't orchards in Oklahoma. I thought for sure we could find some Arkansas apples, but no dice. The stew is a recipe I made up after having it for the first time while traveling in Virginia. I had never heard of Brunswick stew until then -- traditionally, it was made with squirrel or possum, but most cooks today use chicken. I made a quick chicken broth with chicken thighs and then shred them and add them to the stew, which also includes corn, lima beans, potatoes, crushed tomatoes, and secret seasonings.Here is a salad I ordered at a hotel restaurant in Atlanta, which was served with a gravy boat full of dressing. There was more dressing than actual salad. Whose idea was this?

No comments:

Post a Comment