Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween



I wore my Davis Senior High cheerleader uniform -- purchased for $4 from the SPCA thrift store last spring -- to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters. Did not really get the local Halloween protocol, which consists of parents driving their kids around to houses distributing candy, but it made more sense when I remembered that there aren't any sidewalks in town. But then again, I grew up in a town about the same size, and we just walked from house to house.

For the party at Brian and Bridget's, Eric and I went as Blanche DuBois and Stanley Kowalski. I had a foreclosure notice for Belle Reve in my reticule, and he carried a bowling ball and a deck of cards. We won the Best Costume prize, which was something that looked like an Academy Award with a skeleton on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment