Just when I think I can deal, at least temporarily, with living in Oklahoma, something like this happens: Mary "God Hates Fags" Fallin wins the Republican nomination for the upcoming gubernatorial election. Of course she's the perfect candidate because, lesse...- Sarah Palin endorsement? Check.
- Skanky-beauty-pageant-looking daughter? Check.
- Astrologer on speed dial? Check. (Hellooooo, Nancy Reagan!)
- Desire to waste taxpayer $$ on a frivolous and futile lawsuit to attempt to ban universal healthcare? Check.
- Hypocritical "family values" agenda? Check. (Hellooooo, affair with an OK state trooper!)
- Belief that "pre-born" people (?) deserve more rights than people who are actually living? Check. (She declared 2010 "Year of the Pro-Life Woman." Barf.)
- Wacko Christian politics? Double check! Separation of church and state is just a suggestion, of course! Fallin stated in April, “We believe in prayeras a nation.” Um, who is this fictive we?
A recent two-day trip to visit in-laws in Colorado left me seriously depressed. People riding bikes! Sidewalks! Hybrid cars! Locally owned restaurants! Signage devoid of spelling and grammar errors! Farmer's markets with ponytailed gay guys and compost bins! Actually seeing other people running while I was going for a run! To say nothing of clean air, no bugs, and practically non-existent humidity! When, oh when, can I live in a place like this again?
The minute we exited the plane in Tulsa, it was right back to fat people smoking and some fool attempting to steal a 24-pack of Keystone from the Food Pyramid. My wonderful spouse deserves a Husband of the Year award for accompanying me to this godforsaken place.
.jpg)
I'm frightened.
ReplyDelete