Thursday, July 23, 2009
Transcript woes
I had to rush a transcript to the university to expedite the processing of my hiring paperwork, but it does not indicate that I received my degree (even though it was conferred in June). I called the registrar and learned that my transcript won't be updated until August 28, because that's how the computer system works. Why isn't this on the transcript request form? I spent $20 for nothing and got an alarming e-mail from my chair asking when I would get my Ph.D. Perhaps more frustrating is that this will result in further paperwork delays. I will not be able to get a university e-mail address or set up websites for my courses until this is sorted out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
Such a bummer. Will they accept the certificate from the dean that you received when you filed your PhD? That worked for me. I suppose they have to be a little more strict with "real" professors--wink wink. Hope this gets cleared up soon!!
ReplyDelete