Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Things I already miss about Davis

I will be here through August 10, but I already miss a lot of things, like

  • My wonderful friends
  • The farmer's market (including the ragtag musicians and the Free Hugs guy)
  • The Davis Food Co-op
  • My gym
  • The Sacramento Ballet
  • Movie theaters and the excellent DVD collection at the Yolo County Library
  • Biking to work (I might still be able to do it, but I'll be the only one)
  • Caveman Dave and other town characters
  • Picking apples at Apple Hill (and the subsequent orgy of pie, sauce, cake, tart, etc.)
But there are things I won't miss, like furloughs, budget cuts, the cost of living, and crappy restaurants with high prices, lousy food, and wretched service.

1 comment:

  1. Your first three things are also mine! Congrats on the new position (your building looks amazing). I look forward to following your and Eric's new adventures on the blog.

    ReplyDelete