
Dear Academy Awards,
You have failed again. Why was Beginners not nominated for Best Picture or Original Screenplay? It is a way better movie than Moneyball. And why was Mia Wasikowska not nominated for Jane Eyre, particularly since you saw fit to recognize the likes of Jonah Hill and Melissa McCarthy for nuance-free performances in far less demanding roles? Don't even get me started on your decision to honor Colin Firth for the tepid The King's Speech instead of the brilliant A Single Man.
I have suspected for years that you dumb down nominations in a misguided attempt to lure stupid, tasteless people into watching the awards show. Is this the purpose of art? Every year I vow to boycott your awards ceremony, but every year I cave in the hopes that you will acknowledge the outstanding work of a truly deserving artist such as Bérénice Bejo.
Academy Awards, I am deeply disappointed in you. In fact, you suck.
Love,
MJ

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment