Eric and I have a Facebook friend in Davis (Raychel?) to thank for introducing us to
Shit My Dad Says. If you're not familiar, a guy in his late 20s who lives with his 70-something dad has been Tweeting his father's hilarious and profane random observations, and now he apparently has a book.
My own father does not say shit qui

te like this, but he did make a few memorable remarks during our visit to Connecticut. The first was when I called to report that traffic on Route 9 would make us late to meet my parents for dinner at O'Rourke's Diner. My father instructed me to get off Route 9 at "the crazy place" and take back roads to O'Rourke's. At first I thought "the crazy place" meant
Oddfellows Playhouse, where I performed in zany teen theater when I was in high school. Then I realized "the crazy place" referred to Connecticut Valley Hospital, a psychiatric care facility built in the 1860s. Okay.
Even better was my dad's commentary on
Sex and the City 2. Eric unfortunately missed this, but I was sitting with my parents in their living room while they were waiting for an estimate on new windows for their house. I showed my mother the
Hartford Courant's review of the film and asked her if she'd ever gotten into the show. I did not expect my father to launch into an

anti-SJP diatribe. According to my dad, SJP -- whom he referred to as simply "Jessica Parker," there was no Sarah involved -- looks like a shoe. His exact words: "She's a shoe!" I laughed so hard I was unable to obtain clarification on exactly why she resembles (or is) a shoe.
What kind of shoe? Is it her nose?
No comments:
Post a Comment