Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Vagina Monologues

I performed in a local production of The Vagina Monologues last weekend. It was the first time I have been on stage since I was 17. I heard that there had been complaints about the show in years past -- this town is pretty conservative -- and I didn't know what to expect, but there was a great turnout and people seemed to be into it. The show raised money for a local domestic violence shelter and I got the chance to do something cool with a really diverse and interesting group of women. It was kind of weird to exit the stage after "Reclaiming Cunt" and immediately see my official boss, the dean of the college, and to know that some of my students were in the audience, but overall it was a great experience.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous pictures. I like the one on the left. There's a strong resemblance to Bernadette Peters.

    ReplyDelete