Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Because I'm so sweet
Our last week in Davis was pretty frantic; I wish we'd had several months, instead of several weeks, to move. But we made it to Oklahoma and we're settling in, despite problems with our phone and internet service. There are still boxes all over the house, but at least we are now sleeping in a real bed. Pictures coming soon. Yesterday was my first day on the job: meetings from 8:30 to 4:30. Thanks to the rain forest-like weather conditions, I had a giant zit and 15 mosquito bites (yes, I counted them all). Eric says the skeeters like me because I'm so sweet. The highlight of the day was meeting students in the M.A. program. Felt like a rock star when I heard "You're Dr. Strong?" and "I love your bag!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
Sweet as a stone-fruit tart.
ReplyDeletexoxo
*md